ooga booga

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Ah yes, today was another excellent day.

I began my morning by sitting in on a conference call about scripts for some TV spots that have to do with September 11. I had no idea so much editing and effort went into that kind of stuff. sheesh. of course, after thinking i couldn't speak during the entire call, they asked my opinion and i blabbed on forever. I couldn't exactly remember the last time I was asked for my opinion on something important. wooohooo!

I spent my afternoon sitting in on the huge conference about biological warfare. Representatives from the UK, Kazakhstan, Ireland, etc. all sat around a table from 9 until 5 talking about issues and problems they want to educate certain people about. Some of it went way over my head, especially when they started talking in acronyms ("Well, the DOD told me that KHSI really wants to work on a project with the YLJ but alright, I'll just have to call the FRT and schedule in a WNS...") but most of it was really interesting. Mainly, everyone's pretty pysched about fusing bioscience with biosecurity and helping educate the next generation of scientists so they'll be able to make sure their products aren't misused. A man named Jean Paul, who had some sort of Scottish-Russian accent, liked to interrupt everything about every 6 minutes and state his problems with whatever was just said. He made me laugh and was very clever, he reminded me of my pops.

What did I do the rest of the day, you ask? Well, whenever I got bored in meetings, I strolled back to my desk and talked to Elizabeth on gmail while I slowly worked on my project. We spoke of kittens (anybody want 6 indiekittens? message liz, i hear they're adorable!), a certain show i missed out on (one word for ya-titanmoon), and certain places we like to visit in Dallas (hey salim, we're moving in next door. sound good?) Ok, I'm beat. Woohoo for Wednesday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home